Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Some GOOD News!!!

I was kinda "down" on our return form vacation in FL. We still hadn't found a house and it had almost been a year since we moved to denver CO (thanksgiving day to be exact!). I was seriously not looking forward to another FREEZING winter in a no heat, dark basement. I was longing deeply for a house of my own. I was angry with God that he wasn't/had not worked things out yet for us to be in our own place. But i finally =) through HIS grace able to surrender to HIM...it was hard and i can't say i didn't have "annoyed moments" after wards but i was feeling more content in Him! Which brought (belive me) MUCH more peace and security! All this went on in my heart for about a month...
A few weeks ago we went to see this Fantastic house that was for rent! We all loved it! It fitted most all our needs and felt like home! At first my Dad didn't like how far away form his work it was but the Lord seemed to close every othe opportunity and say to us THIS IS YOUR HOUSE!
We are ALL very excited about it! Although it is sorta far for my dad he feelds that this is were the Lord wants us to be! So we are moving this Saturday! HURRAY!
Please pray that everything goes smoothly!
Although God has givin us a lovely house i know there will still be MANY things to not be content with! (There is always something!=)
SO pray that i trust in HIM for my daily needs and not in earthly things!

p.s hopefully i will do some more pasting in the future!!! =)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray!! :) Can you post some pictures? :P We'd love to see some of your new house!! That is so cool that God worked it all out like that! (Hope to see you really soon)

Love ya!
Sarah M

Katie said...

Good point, Ellie, there will always be something to be "longing" for :) So true...

I love you!

Stephany said...

Hey Elizabeth, I can't wait to see your house! I'm so happy you guys were able to not only find one, but find one you love! BTW, I have a new blog. You can see it at www.memoirsalamode.blogspot.com. I have a cute little video clip of Daisy you might like.

Stephany