Saturday, February 23, 2008

God is Great he gives me Chocolate Cake...

Have you ever caught yourself saying if only God would give me this or; God why can't I be or do that thing I want to do.
These kind of phrases keep coming to my mind.
I want what I want and, I expect God to give it to me.
But, often even if I fight super hard for what I want I usually don't get it.
So, by God's grace he is slowly teaching me to give up those selfish wants and, to rely on Him
and, his will for my life.
He reminds me daily that his plans are good and, that He shall never leave me or forsake me!
this brings tears to my eyes, that I have God who loves me enough to give me the things that I should have not what I want.
"So now, oh Isreal, what does the LORD your God require of you?
Only to fear the Lord your God, to walk in his ways,
to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and, with all your soul."
Deuteronomy 10:12

2 comments:

The Stone Family Band said...

"Have you ever caught yourself saying if only God would give me this or; God why can't I be or do that thing I want to do."
**Yes! It must be human nature! I find it most annoying at times!\
I too, Lizzy am learning this exact same thing at the exact same time! But, with our dear Lord's help, we shall become more and more conformed to his image! I always find such comfort in that!**
Love ya!
~Emily

Katie said...

Good point, Ellie. That was something I needed to hear. I remember coming to that conclusion a couple years back and finding it so hard! It's gotten a little easier as time goes on, though, because as you try it, you find that you ARE happier, even though you're not getting what you THOUGHT you wanted :) Love you!